I have nothing very riveting to reflect on, except the fact that I am bored. My house is clean, laundy is done, cabinets stocked, flowers planted. It's hot as hell and I am BORED out of my mind.
In the past week, the following projects have been completed (in part by me for some, but mostly E)
-Stained the hutch that has been kicking around for 3 years. Went through dining room crap, tossed some, put some in the attic. Made the room look nicey-nicey.
-Planted some flowers around my new Japanese Cherry Tree, mulched too.
-E built a lattice wall, painted it. I planted climbing something-or-others and some ground cover. Mulched it.
-E built a box type situation to house his g-normous compressor. Sided, roofed and painted. I did not mulch it.
-Trimmed the goddamn burning bush and the goddamn holly bush (which I hope the latter falls ill and dies as a direct result of its haircut. I HATE that bush).
-Removed deck spindles, sanded railings and what nots.
-Got the deck refinished
-Took my sweaters out of the dresser (in July...) and put in the summer clothes.
-Organized the many pairs of sandals I own
-Cleaned the kitchen. Several times.
-Organized the lights and darks in the laundry room.
There was more, but that seems to be what is fresh in my mind. It's been hella hot here in New England...Monkey's canopy went up yet the pony prefers to stand his black ass in the sun in sweat (!). I haven't been riding him as it's a toss up over who will pass out first from dehydration. I finally decided this morning that I was going to the damn barn and riding my pony in the shade. A trail ride would be nice in the cool of the evening, but the deer flies are horrendous-I spent 15 minutes flyspraying the pony, soaking his ear bonnet and getting him bug-free only to forget to spray myself. Which led us to a less-then-graceful letsgetawayfromtheflies gallop down the trail, and commiting the sin of Never Trot Your Pony On Pavement the whole way through a culdesac. It was to no avail though-those bugs are rather quick.
I hope this shit breaks. I'm tired of AC, the dogs being in the house and my avoidance of the farm.
No comments:
Post a Comment