Monday, October 17, 2011

Well, That Was A Huge F**king Flop.

I am never having another yard sale. Ever. Again.

I spent an hour and a half sticking little green dots with prices on them on everything. Got up early on Saturday with E and spread our wares out across the driveway.

We made $40. FORTY DOLLARS.

It was never about making money. It was about unloading shit. Most of it new or like new shit. As you may be able to deduce, $40 means that we did not sell a lot of shit.

E loaded up the back of my pick up and headed down to the Salvation Army (Goodwill's cousin). Well, they were closed and he did not want to leave the boxes next to the drop off. Like I told him.

So he threw everything out in the dumpster at his shop. I looked the other way and shook my head.

People buy the weirdest shit. One lady bought my used shower curtain. Ew. But, more power to ya.
Someone bought 2 leather pillows that once graced an old sofa.
A little old oriental woman bought a plastic pig that used to reside on a houseplant E bought me from the supermarket (he thought it was cute).

The first shopper bought a drill for $5, then ambled around the area mumbling over and over again that he "had to buy a charger now..." since, well, we lost it or something. Hence the $5.

I'm trying to not think about all the shit E threw out. We bought that shit. To me, it's like throwing money away. Then again, I have room for stuff I actually use now in my cabinets.

In unrelated news, I had the brilliant idea at 5 this morning of purchasing a stun gun and shooting those little barbs into Fat Cat. E was forced (by me) to sleep in the guest room at midnight. This left the dog and Lovey with me in the bed. Fat Cat decided that he would head to my door, BANGBANGBANG MEOW MEEEEOW then go to the guest room door and repeat the performance. I got up twice and opened the door. Each time and mewed and scuttled away mumbling, knowing full well that I intended on dumping one-half of a Poland Springs water bottle on his head.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah. I like going to yard sales, hosting not so much. Best to find some charitable organization or bunch of kids who are having a group sale and dump your crap off with them. Then they can sell it and deal with the leavings. I mean really. If they make the $40, do you grudge it to them?

    Nah.

    ReplyDelete